Accepting Applications: 8/01/12 and 1/01/13
Status: Full-time or Part-time, Paid Internship ($1,200 stipend for FT, $600 stipend for PT)
Location: Tampa, Florida
Industry: Social/Human Services – Family/child/youth
Job Function: Marketing
Description: This will be an informative, educational and fun internship for an intern who desires to be a part of an organization that is making a difference in the lives of families. To provide students an opportunity in a non-profit setting to learn and practice the skills and knowledge needed for success.
- To observe and participate in meetings and events as it relates to their assigned area.
- To challenge students to apply their education as it applies to their assigned position.
- Create an opportunity for students to participate in an educational and fast paced, growing business environment.
- Monitor organization social media sites for archiving purposes
- Prepare media kits for events
- Responsible for archiving media clips and Google alerts
- Conduct Internet research
- Attend and participate in marketing department meetings
- Write and edit media advisory, press release and internet story for a Family First event
- Write and edit content for publication on organization website/emails
- Work with our Family Minute Manager on securing interview opportunities for the president of Family First
- Write, edit and monitor blog entries
- Assist with various tasks and projects in each department
Approved for academic credit for majors in: Marketing
If you plan on completing the internship for academic credit, you must contact your faculty internship coordinator to determine if this internship meets the departmental requirements for an internship and to fill out all appropriate paperwork. Each academic department has specific guidelines and requirements that must be met in order to obtain academic requirement for an internship experience. If you do not know who your faculty coordinator is, please visit Career Services at http://ut.edu/detail.aspx?id=4330
- GPA 3.0 or higher
- Student agrees to provide their transportation to/from our office
- Attire is business casual
- Completed Family First Intern Application
- Two Letters of Recommendation
Required Student Status: Junior, Senior, Sophomore
Required Minimum GPA: 3.00