Accepting Applications: 8/01/12 – 1/01/13
Status: Full-time, Unpaid
Location: Tampa, Florida
Industry: Engineering – Other
Job Function: Marketing
Description: Carastro & Associates, Inc. Consulting Engineers seeks new Marketing and Business Interns to assist the intern with educational development and growth of hands on knowledge in Social Media and Email Marketing aspect of the company’s overall Marketing campaign.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shadow the Company’s social media execution and strategy, including web, email and newsletter client campaigns
- Shadow the overall process of generating research and sourcing relevant to business development objectives
- Shadow Business Development and promotional site visits and events * General Marketing activities
- Shadow Competitor and market research and analysis
- Exposure to budget development and executing plans within budgets Basic Areas of Knowledge and Skills
- Sophomore or Junior major course completion preferred
- Knowledge of business and marketing principles
- Proficiency with social media such as Facebook, LinkedIn, & Twitter * MS Office – Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Ability to organize, interpret and analyze data
- Creative/digital design background plus
- Research skills
- Behave and dress professionally
Approved for academic credit for majors in: Marketing, MBA
Internship Conditions: The internship, even though it includes actual exposure to the operations of the functions with Carastro & Associates, is understood that the intern receives practical onsite exposure and training and assignments as part of the training is an output which would be given in spirit of an educational environment; The internship experience is for the benefit of the intern; The intern does not displace regular employees, and works under close supervision of existing staff; Carastro & Associates provides the training derives no immediate advantage from the activities of the intern; and on occasion its operations may actually be impeded; The intern is not necessarily entitled to a job at the conclusion of the internship; and Carastro & Associates and the intern understand that the intern is not entitled to wages for the time spent in the internship.
The Business Development Director strives to provide exposure and training to students in the Business and Marketing fields who will learn hands on how B2B social media and research functions as business development for a technical-intensive company.
If you plan on completing the internship for academic credit, you must contact your faculty internship coordinator to determine if this internship meets the departmental requirements for an internship and to fill out all appropriate paperwork. Each academic department has specific guidelines and requirements that must be met in order to obtain academic requirement for an internship experience. If you do not know who your faculty coordinator is, please visit Career Services at http://ut.edu/detail.aspx?id=4330
Required Student Status: Evening/Part Time MBA, Fifth Year, First Year MBA, Junior, Masters Candidate, Second Year MBA, Senior